I make jewellery, vessels, sculpture, wall pieces and public artworks using a variety of techniques and materials, including forged and cast silver, forged and welded steel, constructed and carved wood, carved stone, and found objects. My work explores the relationship between people and the places they inhabit.
‘Time Creation,’ – Honeywood Museum, Sutton. Part of the Imagine festival. 2016
‘Objects from a landscape.’ – Putney Arts Theatre, 2013
‘Cone Shaped.’ – a Year of the Artist project. Greenham Trading Ltd, Rochester. 2000
Upnor Castle, Kent. (Part of a year-long residency). 1999
Maidstone Library Gallery, Kent 1996
La Grange, Boeschepe, Pas de Calais, France. 1995
‘The extraordinary life of John Oliver.’ Conquest House, Palace St, Canterbury. 1-7 July 2017 and Rose Museum of Curiosities, Sheerness, July 11-29.
Autumn Art Fair – Landmark Arts Centre, Teddington, London. October 2014
‘Made at Kew Bridge.’ Kew Bridge Steam Museum. Hounslow. London. 2011
‘North and South.’ 14 Clappersgate, Easington, County Durham. 1996
‘Manipulated Metals.’ Cooltan Arts, London 1995
- ‘Time Creation,’ site specific sculptures responding to a historical building. Honeywood Museum, London Borough of Sutton, 2016.
- ‘Sutton Stories,’ large scale map of the London Borough of Sutton, 2015.
- ‘Five a Day,’ public sculptures. For Asda supermarkets and Crawley Borough Council. Crawley. 2002
- Entrance feature with a maritime theme. Stainless steel. Beachfields Park, Sheerness, Kent. For Groundwork Medway Swale. 2001
- Garden and paving design, seats, sculptures and railings for Cranbury Square, Southampton. For Southampton City Council. 1999/2000. Winner of a Civic Trust Award.
- ‘Pride of Place.’ Sculptural seat and carvings celebrating local distinctiveness for the the village of Cliffe, Kent. 1998
- Access features, sculptural seating and viewpoint artwork for the visually handicapped. All ability access trail, Forest Fawr, South Wales. For Forest Enterprise and the Fieldfare trust. 1995
Media Coverage – examples
Guest on ‘The Big Breakfast,’ channel 4, November 2000
Articles in The Sun, Meridian TV, Radio 5 live, Radio 4 and BBC World Service News, local radio and press. All in connection with Year of the Artist project ‘Cone Shaped.’ 2000
‘Wales Today’ BBC1, ‘Does He Take Sugar?’Radio 4, Countryside Recreation Network News, Feb 1995. All in connection with sculptures and access trail in Forest Fawr, 1995.
I currently live and work in London.